Sometimes you just need a 3pm pick-me-up, but that doesn’t mean you have to ruin your diet.
These Hemp Protein Nutty Butter Cups are packed full of nutrients, plant-based protein, essential fats and some healthy additions to sweeten the deal. They’re sure to tide you over 'til dinner (but you’ll probably want to save some for dessert too!).
Prep time: 25 mins
Freeze time: 30 mins
2 Tbsp Cacao powder
2 Cups Melted Cocoa Butter
1/2 Cup Rice Malt syrup (or sweetener of choice)
Pinch of salt
Nut Butter Filling:
4 Tbsp Peanut or Almond butter
1 Tbsp Coconut sugar
3 Tbsp Hemp Seed Oil
2 Tbsp Nutritional yeast
Recipe by Danielle Cutri.
- In a blender or food processor, blend together all ingredients for the base of nutty butter cups
- Press mixture evenly into 12 individual cupcake patties or moulds
- Over a medium heat stove, melt cocoa butter. Mix in cacao powder, rice malt syrup and sugar until all
- In a seperate bowl, mix together peanut butter and coconut sugar until blended
- Roll peanut butter mixture into 12 individual balls, and place/press down on to nutty base
- Pour melted chocolate mixture evenly over the top of filling and base, until peanut butter filling is
- Place in freezer for 30 minutes or until set
- Top with hemp seeds, coconut flakes or topping of your choice
- Store in the fridge or freezer, will keep for up to 4 weeks in the fridge