These delicious gluten-free vegan muffins are the perfect versatile low GI snack. Ideal for morning tea or to beat the three o'clock slump!
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 20 mins
- Preheat oven to 200ºC.
- Grease muffin tray (or use 12 muffin cases).
- Combine the hemp flour, sugar, salt and baking powder.
- Add in milk of choice, mashed banana and oil. Stir until just moistened.
- Fold in blueberries and shredded coconut.
- Divide the mixture between the 12 muffin cups, they should be about 3/4 full.
- Bake for 17 to 20 minutes in the preheated oven, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
Try adding strawberries or raspberries instead of blueberries! Alternatively, swap out banana for a half cup of unsweetened applesauce.