This Hemp Banana Bread is just a little bit decadent through the inclusion of chocolate chips, while the nuttiness of the hemp flour gives it wholesome touch.
Prep time: 20 mins
Cook time: 70 mins
3 ripe spotty bananas
1 cup almond meal (almond flour)
1 cup Hemp Flour
½ cup hemp seeds (hearts)
¼ cup raw honey (or maple syrup)
2 eggs (or replace with 1/2 cup of unsweetened applesauce)
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp baking powder
½ tsp baking soda
¼ tsp sea salt
¼ cup coconut oil (melted)
¼ cup dairy-free chocolate chips
*Recipe adapted from Yummly.
- Preheat oven to 175C.
- In a large bowl, peel and mash bananas until smooth and whisk in your eggs (or applesauce), coconut oil, honey (or maple) and vanilla until combined.
- Next, using a sieve, sift in the flours, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon.
- Using a spatula, mix the wet and dry ingredients together until well combined.
- Fold in the hemp hearts and chocolate chips until evenly distributed and set mixture aside.
- Line a loaf tin with greaseproof paper (or grease 4 mini loaf tins) and slowly pour in the mixture.
- Smooth the top with a spatula and bake in the oven for 60-70 min (40 min for mini loafs) or until golden brown and a toothpick or spaghetti stick comes out of the center clean.
*Note: melted coconut oil should be left to cool at room temperature before you add it to the wet ingredients. This prevents it from cooking the eggs in your batter.