If there’s something Aussies and Kiwis can come together over, it’s ANZAC Day and its namesake biscuit. These are a little hempier than the army-originals, are vegan and SUPER easy to make gluten free. Let’s get into it!
Prep time: 5 mins
Cook time: 20 mins
1/2 cup Oat Flour (oats blended until fine)
1/2 cup Rolled Oats (use GF Oats here to make the recipe GF)
1/4 cup Hemp Flour
1/4 cup Desiccated Coconut
1/2 cup Coconut Sugar (or brown sugar)
3 tbsp Smooth Nut Butter (we used almond butter)
1 tbsp Molasses or Golden Syrup
1/4 tsp Bicarbonate of Soda
3 tbsp Water
Makes approx 12 bikkies (ok probably 13, but we ate some mixture)
Recipe adapted from FoodieGee
- Preheat oven to 180°C (160°C fan-forced).
- Combine dry ingredients in a medium bowl and set aside.
- Heat molasses and nut butter in a small saucepan until melted and combined into a smooth mixture.
- Add bicarb soda and water to the wet mixture and stir to combine.
- Add wet mixture to the bowl of dry ingredients and mix to form the cookie dough.
- Place heaped tablespoon sized balls onto a lined baking tray and flatten slightly. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.
- The biscuits will be quite soft straight out of the oven, so leave them to cool completely and they will harden up, before transferring to a container (or your mouth.)